My Tommy and I have been married for twelve years today. So, in honor of our anniversary, here are the top twelve reasons I love him.
1. The way he makes me laugh even when laughing is the last thing I want to do.
2. That he still loves me even though he knows my faults more than anyone else in the world.
3. The way his hazel eyes look at me, speaking thousands of silents words only I can hear no matter how many people are around.
4. For the person he is when nobody is looking.
5. For all of the cries he has hushed, all of the fears he has calmed, all of the celebrations he has rejoiced with and for our children.
6. For the dreams we share together.
7. Because he trusts me with his heart, his thoughts, and his fears.
8. Because he yells at me- when everyone else he turns off, tunes out, and ignores.
9. The way he leads his family in devotions (almost) nightly, the way he and our children sing praises to our Lord together.
10. That he goes to work to provide for us even when he doesn't want to.
11. That he needs me to wash his socks.
12. For the memories from the past 12 years, the hopes for the future, and the now that we have together.