Saturday, March 19, 2011

Of Pi(e)s and Parks

On March 14th we celebrated Pi Day.  Originally I was going to make a lemon meringue pie.  However, I had doubled a batch of peanut butter sandwich cookies for Tommy's first day of school (I'm so proud of him!) and it was a recipe that so didn't need to be doubled.  So.  With lots of extra peanut buttery goodness floating around my kitchen, I added some chocolate, and fresh whipped cream and  concocted a pie worthy of Pi Day.

Photobucket

(Do you see that adorable little finger I caught snitching a lick?  Those little fingers belong to Miss Katherine.)

Abigail said it was the best pie she had ever tasted. Well, thank you my girl! It was pretty tasty ... though, I think I'll stick with lemon meringue next time.

After indulging in that rich pi(e), the children were pretty content to just lie around waiting for devotions and bed time.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Well, until the little man decided that he wanted to play a little rough ... he didn't have pi(e), after all.

Photobucket


We also spent a beautiful day at the park and took over 200 pictures.  Yes, I know, that is a little over board.  I promise I won't post all of then, however I do want to share a few.

Like this one of me and my little man on the swing.  He is just so ticklish it is hard to resist sometimes.


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


I came across a picture frame that is very "boylie" (the term my children created to counter "girlie") with the beautiful word "Brothers" written across the bottom. I just had to choose just the right picture to put in it.

Now, Mr Ian just loves holding his baby brother. However, we were at the park. There were slides to tumble down, swings to hop over, and stairs to leap up.

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

I did manage to snap a couple of the boys.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I love how he kept his hands out to make sure Jonathan didn't topple over as he ran back to run, jump, and play.


Photobucket

Topple over, he did. Miss Katherine was quick to run to his assistance.


Photobucket

Or, at least try ... for a moment.

Photobucket

Photobucket

After plenty of playing, she may not have been ready to go ...



Photobucket

but he sure was!

Photobucket

No comments: